As more and more latest smartphones are introducing themselves, the camera quality is growing rapidly in terms of efficiency and clarity. Thus, the space taken by each picture is also ever-increasing. Thus, the exhaustion of the phone memory of the users is quicker than ever. But the memory itself has its own limitations. So, the users have to back up their old photos somewhere in order to click on some newer ones. Import iPhone photos to laptop are not that difficult. But if a person is not that tech-savvy, it can turn out to be a bit difficult task for him. Especially, if you are a new Windows or Mac user, importing photos can be a bit troublesome for you. On the other hand, if you are using those devices for a long time, it can still show you some generic problems. But at the end of the day, you have to know the actual methods to transfer photos and videos to your laptop for backup.
So, here two different ways in reply to “how to transfer pictures from iPhone to laptop?” Take a look:
Importing With AnyTrans For iOS
If you are completely new to the iOS sector and trying to transfer your media files from your phone to the laptop, AnyTrans for iOS is the best option for you. It is an iOS transfer tool that you can download on your Mac easily. Thankfully, it is quite different from the other photo managing tools. Because it doesn’t only transfer the Camera roll photos and videos, but also the other albums you have created.
In fact, you can also transfer the files synced from iTunes easily with the help of this amazing tool. It supports all the iPhone models and iOS versions. This AnyTrans for iOS gives you a complete guarantee of your data security. So, you can be sure that you are not going to lose any of your photos or videos during the process. Now, let’s move forward towards the procedure to handle your iPhone media files.
Steps That You Have To Follow to import iPhone Photos to Laptop
- Download AnyTrans from a reliable source and install it on your laptop.
- After that run the software on your Mac and connect your iPhone to the laptop.
- Now click on the dotted icon that you can see at the right corner of the screen.
- As soon as the homepage opens, you have to select the photos or videos that you want to transfer from your phone to your laptop.
- After selecting the media files, select the computer button from the top of your laptop screen.
- Now your photos will automatically transfer themselves from your iPhone to your laptop.
Transfer Directly With Windows Explorer
In case you are using a Windows laptop, you can easily make use of the Windows Explorer to import your iPhone photos. Though it is pretty much easier than the previous method, there is one disadvantage that you may not like. Here, you can only download the photos that you have saved in Camera Roll. So, before you begin this procedure, you have to transfer all your photos from different albums to camera roll. Or else, you have to move to the previous method in order to keep a backup of your iPhone media files.
Follow The Instructions From Below
- Firstly, connect your iPhone to the laptop and create a new album on the desktop.
- Then navigate to My Computer/Windows Explorer on the laptop.
- As soon as the next page opens up, select on iPhone in removable storage.
- Now click on the DCIM folder from the internal storage and find out the photos that you are willing to transfer.
- After that, copy the images you are going to import and go to the new folder that you have created on the desktop.
- Finally, paste those photos into the new folder.
Photo Transfer With Preview
Preview is another useful option that you can choose to transfer photos from your iPhone to Mac. But just like Windows Explorer, you cannot transfer any other images other than the Camera Roll photos.
- Connect your iPhone to the Mac via USB cable.
- After that, launch preview.
- Choose the file from the upper-left corner of the screen.
- Now select the “Import from your iPhone” button.
- Then you have to choose the photos that you are willing to transfer and click on import.
- Finally, choose the destination location of your laptop where you will import the photos.
Use Image Capture For Photo Transfer
Just like the other options except for AnyTrans, image capture also transfers your camera roll photos. Now follow the steps from below to bring your iPhone photos to your Mac.
Connect your smartphone to Mac via USB cable and run Image Capture on your laptop. As soon as the device list shows up, choose your iPhone. After that, create the output folder for the images. Now, click import and transfer the images from your iPhone gallery to Mac.
Get Photos From iPhone To Laptop Via Email
In case your iPhone is running out of memory and your Mac is not near you, you can apply this method. Simply open your mailbox and compose a new email. Now, attach the photos that you are willing to transfer to your laptop and send them.
Unfortunately, you can send only 3 photos at a time via email. So, if you are trying to send more than 3 images, you have to apply this method more than once. But this method is pretty much easy and useful. As soon as you open your mailbox on your laptop, you can find those images in the inbox. From there you can easily download them and keep them in a folder.
Import iPhone Photos To Laptop With the Photos App
In case you are having a Mac OS X Yosemite or EL Capitan, you must be having the “Photos” app on your Launchpad. Basically, this app alters the previous photos and with its ‘photo editor’ and ‘library manager’ tools. Hence, you can use this to export photos from your iPhone to Mac as well.
In this regard, you just have to run the app on your Mac and connect your iPhone via USB cable. After this, you can select the Import tab and choose the images that you want to transfer. Finally, select Import XX Selected and transfer all of them to your Mac.
The Final Outcome
Though there are many more ways to import iPhone photos into laptops, only 6 methods are mentioned here. Sadly, most of them only import the images from the Camera Roll folder except for the AnyTrans for iOS tool. On the other hand, AnyTrans imports not only images, it can also import your iOS contacts, videos, movies, notes and etc. However, it is the best option for transferring your iOS media files to another Apple device.